ALLEN, Michael F.
· Current Affiliation: Center for Conservation Biology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current: Distinguished Professor, University of California-Riverside, USA
· Program Officer, Division of Environmental Biology, U.S. National Science Foundation (1993-1995)
Ph.D., Botany/Mycology University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA (1980)
· MSc., Botany/Mycology University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA (1977)
· BSc., Biology, Southwestern College, Winfield, KS, USA (1974)
Five Key Research Projects
· PI: ENSO and Tropical Rain Forest Soil Carbon (CH4, CO2) Fluxes. 2016-17. US National Science Foundation
· PI: Carbon balance in deserts: Implications for widespread solar power. 2012-13. California Institute of Energy and Environment.
· Co-PI: Center for Embedded Networked Sensing. 2002-2013. US National Science Foundation
· PI: Automated-Minirhizotron and Arrayed Rhizosphere-Soil Sensors (A-MARSS). 2004-2010. US National Science Foundation
· Co-PI: Reconstruction of Ecosystems in Arid Lands. 1981-1989. US National Science Foundation.
Five Key Publications
· Hernandez, R.R., M.K. Hoffacker, M.L. Murphy-Mariscal, G. Wu and M.F. Allen. (2015) Solar energy development impacts on land-cover change and protected areas. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112: 13579-14584. www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1517656112.
· Kitajima, K., M.F. Allen and M.L. Goulden (2013) Contribution of Hydraulically Lifted Deep Moisture to the Water Budget in a Southern California Mixed Forest. Journal of Geophysical Research- Biogeosciences 118: 1561-1572
· Allen, M.F. (2011) Linking water and nutrients through the Vadose zone: a fungal interface between the soil and plant systems. Journal of Arid Land 3: 155-163. DOI: 10.3724/SP.J.1227.2011.00155
· Klironomos, J.N., M.F. Allen, M.C. Rillig, J. Piotrowski, S. Makvandi-Nejad, B.E. Wolfe, and J.R. Powell (2005) Abrupt rise in atmospheric CO2 overestimates community response in a model plant-soil system. Nature 433: 621-624.
· Rillig, M.C., S.F. Wright, M.F. Allen and C.B. Field. 1999. Rise in carbon dioxide changes soil structure. Nature 400: 628.
Updated on September 15, 2016